Yayasan Maha Karuna
On 5th May 2006, Yayasan Maha Karuna was founded with its main objective to serve the needy in Malaysia regardless of race or religion with below mission :
- To provide service of charitable and compassionate nature of the benefit of the Malaysian community
- To provide facilities and to organize and to conduct training and development programs for the advancement of mental, intellectual and spiritual well-being.
- To organize and sponsor educational, welfare, health and religious and other related activies that will promote harmony and improve better well-being of Malaysians.
Below are the welfare activities by Yayasan Maha Karuna :
- Educare – to donate essential school items to needy school children regardless of race and religion
- Maha Karuna Compassionate Home (Senior Citizens Home) – aid to Senior Citizens & People with Disabilities
- Teens Leadership program
- Medical Aid to needy
- Educational and Financial Aid to the needy
- Rural Community Aid
Maha Karuna Buddhist Society
In 2001, The Maha Karuna Buddhist Society was formed under the guidance and inspiration of The Most Venerable B.Sri Saranankara Nayaka Maha Thera (Chief High Priest Judiciary of Malaysia and Chief Monk of Sri Lanka Buddhist Temple, Sentul KL. This aim of this society is to organize spiritual and welfare activities that will benefit the society.
The Buddha taught us to cultivate two great virtues, namely Wisdom and Compassion.
- Wisdom is the ability to see things as they are and is cultivated through spiritual practice.
- Great Compassion or Maha Karuna is cultivated by serving the needy through welfare activities.
Welfare activities by the Society are as follows:
- Conduct Blessing Services
- Sunday Dharma School,
- Buddhist Meditation Retreats
- Children’s Dharmma Camp
- Wesak Day and Kathina Ceremony
- Maha Karuna Building Fund
宏慈基金会 (732543-V) 创立于二零零六年五月五日，基金的创立为慈善筹款及有效的基金管理能力来达到本基金的慈善宗旨 – 为马来西亚大众不分肤色，种族与宗教地提供经济，教育， 医药福利援助。
- 提供设施及开办精神， 身体， 心智与心灵健康的优越课程
- 组办并且赞助教育，福利， 健康，宗教及其他有关的活动，以促进马来西亚人民之间的和谐与康乐
- 关怀教育 – 颁赠学校需用品给贫苦学生
宏慈佛学会是在斯里沙拉南卡拉长老 （马来西亚僧团首席高僧）的鼓舞和领导下成立。 目的是要组织可利惠于社会的宗教和福利有关的活动。
佛陀教导我们要培养两大品行 – 智慧与慈悲。智慧（看透一切的能力）是依宗教修行培养。 慈悲则是依服务有需要之大众而培养。