News & Updates
- The Kathina is an annual traditional Buddhist ceremony, held after the vassa (3 months rainy season retreat), where the lay […]
- It is an annual charitable project founded by Yayasan Maha Karuna. The main objective of our annual Educare events is […]
- This charitable project is also extended to countries such as: India, Nepal, Vietnam, Myanmar and Sri Lanka.
- On 18th June 2017, Maha Karuna Buddhist Society has donated an amount of RM208,000 to Sri Lanka flood victim in […]
- All Buddhist devotees gather together to celebrate this day to commemorate the birth, enlightenment and death of Gautama Buddha.
Maha Karuna Buddhist Society:
Yayasan Maha Karuna (732543-V) was founded on 5th May 2006. The Yayasan is established to receive and administer funds for charitable purposes, economics, education and medical for the public welfare of all Malaysians, irrespective of race, creed or religion.
Yayasan Maha Karuna:
Ven. B. Sri Saranankara Nayaka Maha Thera is the Chief High Priest Judiciary of Malaysia and Chief Monk of the Sri Lanka Buddhist Temple, Sentul, KL. Ven. is also the Spiritual Advisor of Maha Karuna Buddhist Society and the Chairman of Yayasan Maha Karuna.
He who walks in the eightfold noble path with unswerving determination is sure to reach Nirvana.
All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?
To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one's own in the midst of abundance.
Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.
We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.
To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.